Wilmslow’s sparkling Covid-safe Christmas event
PUBLISHED: 08:40 09 December 2020
Love the Lane in Wilmslow organises festive family trail
Christmas magic comes to Wilmslow this weekend (Saturday, December 12) with the Love The Lane Christmas Light Trail & Snow Globe Picture Hunt.
The event, organised by The Love the Lane neighbourhood in Chapel Lane, runs from 5pm to 8pm and all local families are invited to get their Santa hats on and head out in search of 42 sparkling Christmas light road signs, hunt for 24 snow globe pictures on the Magical Trail & Mystery Hunt around six areas of Love The Lane, and marvel at all the amazing Christmas lights.
Click here for two links for the Magical Route:
Link 1 Divided into six areas to help little legs.
Link 2 To see the complete route, which shows the locations of all 2 light signs.
Drop in on your sleigh at The Pocket Garden by The Farmers Arms before, during or after your magical trail and enjoy a host of delicious festive grab and go treats for hungry elves and Rudolphs, along with handmade Christmas home and garden decor delights.
* New York-style pizzas to choose from On The Gop
* Hot roast chicken or pork and stuffing baps
*Festive mulled wine and prosecco
* Jac’s warming hot chocolate and festive flavoured coffee
* Tasty homemade festive cakes
* Gorgeous handmade Christmas gifts to brighten your home and garden
* Colourful bird boxes, made by 91-year-old Derek de Belder of Wilmslow Dean Rotary for the Seashell Trust for children with complex disabilities and other worthy local charities. Derek and his daughter Sue Evans will be on the Farmers Arms car park selling his bird boxes for the Seashell Trust and other Rotary charities from 5-8 pm.
Cash and card taken.
If you are able, please make a donation here to the Love The Lane JustGiving page.
Organisers say: “For your safety, please comply with current government Covid-19 guidelines. Ensure you use the hand sanitisers and scan the NHS QR Code provided.
Social distance two metres apart, with no more than six in a group.
“So get your Santa outfits on and have some amazing social distancing Christmas fun. Go hunting for 24 snow globe pictures on 42 of the sparkling Christmas Light Trail signs –all created by brilliant local volunteers.”