Chris Evans' Carfest returns with a veritable feast of entertainment for the whole family
PUBLISHED: 12:45 07 June 2019 | UPDATED: 10:22 10 June 2019
Alex Rawson Photography
CarFest North returns to Bolesworth Estate from 26th - 28th July.
CarFest, the brainchild of radio presenter Chris Evans, is set to take visitors on a musical journey through the decades, with a line-up of acts on the main stage that will reignite some great musical memories whilst celebrating some of the UK's freshest new talent. From Sister Sledge, Texas and All Saints right through the 80s, 90s and noughty's to present day with the likes of Jack Savoretti and Tom Odell, the musical journey will bring families together to celebrate the Summer in style.
The brainchild of radio presenter Chris Evans, CarFest North takes place at Bolesworth Estate from 26th - 28th July, and has been described by the thousands of die-hard fans as 'the biggest ever village fete' with a mission to bring the true spirit of family to life. The weekend is packed to the brim with activities for every member of the family, underpinned by great music, celebrity chefs and as the name suggests, plenty of cars!
This year CarFest's fabulous new content includes:
- Two paddocks filled to the brim with a great range of cars plus track races and a chance for families to take up the challenge of Parent-Prix go-karting… be prepared for motorsport overload!
- Four exciting new 'worlds' to discover and enjoy… including:
- Kids Kingdom: Where kids rule! Built for the kids (of all ages) and run by the kids.
- Eden: A place to do more good. Look after yourself, look after others, and look after our wonderful planet.
- Vintage Carfest: We take you and CarFest back in time with all the theatre of the circus and a love of nostalgia.
- Car-Feast: The Ultimate Family Food Festival.
- A great line up of celebrity chefs doing what they do best, but with a surprise twist, including Angellica Bell, GBBO favourites Briony May and Candice Brown, Glynn Purnell and the Vegan experts Henry and Ian from Bosh!
- Smashing headliners on the main stage, from regular favourites to exciting new acts guaranteed to get everyone in the festival mood. A full line-up of mainstage acts and chefs taking part at each venue is available on www.carfest.org, but includes Alex Horne and the Horne Section, Hacienda Classical, Jack Savoretti, Johnny Marr, Kaiser Chiefs, Sister Sledge and Texas to name just a few! The legendary KT Tunstall will also be joining the CarFest North Supergroup which features Sheridan Smith, Sophie Ellis Bextor and The Feeling.
Chris Evans said of plans for this year: "Each year we try and add a little extra sparkle to CarFest and this year is no exception, with a line-up that will take all our CarFesters on a veritable musical journey through the decades! The ball is well and truly rolling to make CarFest 2019 a year to remember and a year to raise even more money for UK children's charities."
The highly sought-after tickets for CarFest, one of the UK's most family-friendly festivals are now available via www.carfest.org.