10 things to do at Bride: The Wedding Show at Tatton Park
PUBLISHED: 12:57 10 December 2015 | UPDATED: 17:32 15 January 2016
The North's biggest and best bridal show takes place on February 6 and 7, from 10am to 5pm
1. Venues – we’ve got a selection of the North West’s finest venues all in one place. If you’re newly engaged where else would you find that variety and, where better to start narrowing down your shortlist? Exhibiting venues range from the luxury Knowsley Hall, made famous this summer when Gary Barlow surprised an unsuspecting bride; Owen House Wedding Barn, a converted barn with rustic countryside charm; and Big Chief Tipis which offers a range of tipis to suit all seasons.
2. 150 bridal industry professionals – from photographers to cakemakers, florists to entertainers, beauticians, transport – in fact everything you need to plan the perfect wedding. For visitors looking for something unusual to help their day stand out, there are plenty of quirky ideas to gain inspiration from. Shropshire Petals offers biodegradable, natural l confetti; Mad Badger Ltd creates live caricature drawings for all your guests to enjoy; choose from imaginative lighting and decoration designs by Love Lights The Way; or hire your own ice cream parlour from Frozen Pleasures. Pick up iconic jewellery pieces from jewellers such as Gemma Redmond Vintage, BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing star Karen Hauer recently chose to wear her 1980s vintage Christian Dior earrings bought from Gemma for her wedding to co-star Kevin Clifton.
3. Spectacular catwalk show – highly entertaining and fun. The girls show off beautiful gowns, the boys demonstrate their dance moves and everyone in the audience loves it. Running four times a day, there’s inspiration for the whole bridal party from the bride to her mum. The show takes place four times daily at 11.15am, 12.30pm, 1.15pm and 3.30pm
4. The Wedding Marquee – a stunning wedding marquee brought to life by Mahood Marquees so you can envisage what your celebration could look like.
5. Exclusive Tatton wedding dress – Knutsford-based bridal designer Fiona Cooper is designing a very special wedding dress, exclusively for Bride: The Wedding Show at Tatton Park. It will be unveiled at the event, as a preview to her brand new Felicity Cooper collection to be launched at London Bridal Fashion Week.
6. Top entertainment – our luxurious band performance area (with its own dancefloor in case the mood takes you) will host musicians including Six15 Events, Toni James, Soul Revolver and The Funtime Frankies throughout the weekend. A visit will really get your feet tapping. Gospel Choir 4 Weddings sing in the foyer and Bloomsbury Music perform in the restaurant.
7. Champagne bar – planning your wedding should be fun, so treat yourself to a glass of bubbly at the champagne bar in association with PH Hotels, De Vere Venues & Four Pillars Hotels, while looking over some of the information you’ve been given.
8. A free copy of Cheshire & Lancashire Bride – for every bride and groom through the door, filled with real wedding inspiration and ideas for your own big day.
9. It’s a fun day out – a vibrant atmosphere for the bride, groom, their family and friends, with so many ideas you’ll go away even more excited about your wedding day.
10. Become a VIP – visitors to Bride: The Wedding Show can upgrade their tickets – a VIP ticket costs £15 and includes entry, goody bag, guaranteed seat at the catwalk show of their choice and a glass of bubby.
Tickets: £10 advance £15 each on the door