Dill Cured Salmon, potato pancake, curried avocado and lemon vinaigrette recipe
PUBLISHED: 00:00 05 March 2015 | UPDATED: 14:24 05 March 2015
Impress your dinner guests with this recipe by Gareth Jones, Head Chef at the award-winning Mr Cooper’s at Manchester’s Midland Hotel
480g cooked mash potato (warm)
3 egg whites (whipped)
1) Whisk milk and whole eggs into mash
2) Add cornflour and then fold in whites
3. Warm pan with a little oil, spoon pancake mix into the pan and cook until golden brown.
1 x avocado
15g olive oil
5g curry powder
60g fish stock
Toast curry powder in a dry pan. Peel avocado then put in food processor and blend together. Season to taste and pass through sieve.
DILL MARINATED SALMON
For every 1k of trimmed salmon fillet-30ml gin
1 bunch of chopped dill
75g rock salt
1) Skin the salmon and remove blood line
2) Pack the salmon in the salt mix.
3) Leave for 36hrs turn every 12hrs
4) Rinse off salt mix and pat dry.
5) Cut into small neat diced pieces
250 ml lemon juice
250 ml olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
2 pinch black pepper
Reheat the potato pancake. Arrange about seven pieces of the salmon on top of the pancake, Put curried avocado into a squeezy bottle or small piping bag and fill in gaps with the piped avocado, then gently spoon the lemon dressing over the salmon pieces, Decorate with fennel tops, fennel cress or dill.
Gareth Jones, Head Chef at the award-winning Mr Cooper’s at Manchester’s Midland Hotel