Sliced Duck Breast with Fries & Watercress
Fri Aug 14 13:39:58 BST 2015
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: British
- Main Ingredient: Duck
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 2
- • 2 Gressingham Duck breasts
- • 200g fries or chips
- • Bunch fresh watercress
1. Pre-heat oven to 200c 2. Score the skin on each duck breast and pat dry with absorbent paper. Season the meat and skin with salt and place into a frying pan skin side down on a low to medium heat with no oil. 3. Cook for approximately 6- 8 minutes until the skin is a golden crispy brown. Pour off any excess oil as you cook. 4. Flip the duck breast over and seal for 30 seconds. 5. Transfer the breasts to a baking tray and place in the oven for another 6 minutes for rare, 8-10 minutes for medium rare and 12-14 minutes for well done. 6. Remove from the oven and leave in a warm place to rest for 10 minutes. 7. When you are ready to eat, carve a few slices and serve with fries, watercress and maybe some creamy mayonnaise.
- Why are hedgehog populations declining?
- Win a luxury break at Liverpool’s Titanic Hotel
- Franklin’s Star Charity Ball raises fund for Brain Tumour Research
- Meet Belle Voci - Chester’s operatic duo
- 5 things to do in Cheshire this weekend
- Wine production in Cheshire and North Wales
- Ladybird Garden Safari - Cheshire’s mobile pop-up garden
- How much does one square metre of property cost in Cheshire?