6 great walks near Wilmslow
PUBLISHED: 01:00 11 September 2018 | UPDATED: 09:01 11 September 2018
Wilmslow is one of the most desirable places to live in the region. Is it because of the beautiful countryside that surrounds it? These walks that are all within a five mile radius of the suburb suggests it could be the case.
Twinnies Bridge and the The Carrs Park
0 miles from Wilmslow
A short walk from the centre of Wilmslow that follows the River Bollin north through Carrs Park and ends at Twinnies Bridge.
1 mile from Wilmslow
Start out from Lindow Common and head out in a loop which takes you towards Morley Green, back through Newgate Nature Reserve, around Rossmere and end at Black Lake.
2 miles from Wilmslow
A walk of vivid contrasts; for the first half of it, you are going through woodland, crossing and re-crossing the Bollin. For the second half, you are skirting the perimeter of Manchester Airport, with its high security fences before strolling the picturesque Altrincham Road back to the starting point.
Woodford to Handforth Dean
3 miles from Wilmslow
This walk takes you on a figure of eight route from the Deanwater Hotel at Woodford, through farm land towards Handforth Dean.
Mottram St Andrew
4 miles from Wilmslow
A walk around one of Cheshire’s most desirable locations to live which takes in a section of the North Cheshire Way.
Mobberley and Great Warford
4 miles from Wilmslow
Equestrian lovers will love this walk around the area surring Great Warford. You will pass by many fields full of horses, and you may be lucky enough to spot some wildlife on your travels.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Theatre review - The Habit of Art, The Lowry, Salford
- Win tickets to see Craig Charles Funks Up Christmas at The Lowry
- Cheshire walk - Mobberley
- Hanna Miraftab and Martin Kinsella on their busy careers and home life
- The best Christmas Markets in Cheshire
- Win one of ten delicious snack hampers for Christmas
- Richard Pover charity ball raises funds for mechanical engineering scholarship
- Woman’s power in Tarporley
- Chefs showcase their festive food at Foodies Festival Tatton.
- Langricks charity golf day raises funds for Money Skills for Life’ programme