10 great riverside walks in and around Cheshire
PUBLISHED: 00:00 23 May 2018 | UPDATED: 19:47 15 August 2018
There are few finer thing than exploring the countryside surrounding the many rivers situated across the county.
This walk from Wincle explores the Cheshire part of the Peak District and takes in part of the route of the River Dane.
A great walk around the heart of the city of Chester which follows the River Dee and takes in some historic sites.
This walk around the village of Hale, (not the one near Altrincham) explores the wildlife and spectacular views across the Mersey estuary.
This water themed walk from Nantwich allows you to experience both the Shropshire Union Canal and the River Weaver.
Another walk exploring the River Weaver, this one takes you to what was once the centre of Cheshire - Bostock Green - between Northwich and Middlewich.
We head for Styal for a walk which combines river and woodland with the din of international air travel, the River Bollin s very pretty as it meanders through this woodland close to Quarry Bank Mill.
The leafy village of Prestbury is another opportunity to experience the River Bollin as it runs through the west side of the popular spot.
Another walk that takes in more than one significant waterway. This route takes us along the Peak Forest Canal and beside the River Goyt in Marple.
Another walk close to Marple that also takes in the Peak Forest Canal as well as the River Etherow.
A walk that runs just outside of Chester, takes in sections of the River Gowy.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Alderley Edge School For Girls Bursary Ball at Hilltop Country House, Prestbury
- Children’s Adventure Farm Trust 2018 ladies lunch, Mere Golf Resort and Spa
- Michelle Ackerley on her Celebrity MasterChef appearance
- Marigot Bay Bar & Cafe, Cheshire
- Restaurant review - The Shippon by Mark Ellis, Eyton, Wrexham
- 2018 Royal Cheshire County Show - photo special
- Motor review - Jaguar I-Pace vs Tesla Model X
- Cheshire walk - Poynton and the Macclesfield Canal
- Withington Girls’ School, Manchester High School for Girls and Manchester Grammar School leavers’ ball