6 great walks near Knutsford
PUBLISHED: 00:00 02 February 2018 | UPDATED: 18:55 15 August 2018
Many people head to Knutsford for the shops, restaurants and hotels, but the surounding area has a diverse array of countryside walks that are often overlooked. All these walks commence within a ten mile radius of the town, which make them perfect for a day trip.
1 mile from Knutsford
Tatton Park has over 1000 acres of mixed parkland that is open to the public, this includes a deer park, two meres and woodland. There are many options for walking in Tatton Park and you can find the routes in the guide supplied by the Tatton Estate.
4 miles from Knutsford
Explore the area around Plumley, a small village just a few miles south of Knutsford. The added bonus is that Plumley’s train station has a regular service to both Chester and Manchester Piccadilly, making it easily accessible for those without a car.
Over Peover and Peover Park
4 miles from Knutsford
This walk explores the area around Over Peover, you will pass by the Grade I listed St Lawrence’s Church and explore the area around Peover Hall. The iconic Lovell Telescope at Jodrell Bank can be seen in the distance on this route.
5 miles from Knutsford
In this walk across Cheshire’s farming country, we stride across some muddy fields and admire a church that was built in the late 18th century.
Mobberley and Great Warford
6 miles from Knutsford
This walk starts out at Mobberley and takes us around Great Warford, a place that has links with a few famous Cheshire residents from the past and present.
Arley and Great Budworth
8 miles from Knutsford
Newsletter Sign Up
- Win one of ten delicious snack hampers for Christmas
- Win a family ticket to a Christmas winter trail
- Restaurant review - Tast Cuina Catalana, Manchester
- Win a two night stay at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa near Chester
- Making the right choice for your child will be the most important decision of their life
- Win one of five family tickets to the opening night of Christmas at Dunham Massey
- 6 great walks near Stockport
- Win tickets to the Fizz Festival in Knutsford
- Denise Welch on her writing career and life in Wilmslow
- 9 quirky facts about Cheshire that you might not know about