6 great walks near Alderley Edge
PUBLISHED: 12:30 06 March 2018 | UPDATED: 18:55 15 August 2018
Alderley Edge is not just expensive homes and fancy restaurants, there is some fantastic walking terrain for everyone to enjoy.
Set off from the famous Wizard Inn and explore the myths and legends of Alderley Edge.
Head south from Alderley Edge and explore quiet lanes, mixed woodland, field paths and find the remnants of the Birtles estate.
The best of both worlds with this walk, enjoy the stunning views from The Edge while avoiding the crowds at this popular tourist spot.
Mottram St Andrew and Hare Hill detour
This walk sets off from the quaint village of Mottram St Andrew, just three miles east of Alderley Edge, there is also an option of a detour to Hare Hill Gardens.
Prestbury and River Bollin
Redesmere and Capesthorne Hall
Start out at Redesmere, a lake just five miles south of Aldlerley Edge, head north and explore the extensive grounds of Capesthorne Hall, an 18th century country house built in the Tudor revival style.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Win a luxurious trip to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific
- Local life - Mobberley Village Bakery
- Cheshire Life magazine November 2018 – out in the shops or available to buy online now
- Theatre review - Death of A Salesman, Royal Exchange Manchester
- Food review - The Sutton Gamekeeper, Macclesfield
- Win one of ten delicious snack hampers for Christmas
- Win a family ticket to a Christmas winter trail
- Restaurant review - Tast Cuina Catalana, Manchester
- Win a two night stay at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa near Chester
- Making the right choice for your child will be the most important decision of their life