6 great walks near Alderley Edge
PUBLISHED: 12:30 06 March 2018 | UPDATED: 18:55 15 August 2018
Alderley Edge is not just expensive homes and fancy restaurants, there is some fantastic walking terrain for everyone to enjoy.
Set off from the famous Wizard Inn and explore the myths and legends of Alderley Edge.
Head south from Alderley Edge and explore quiet lanes, mixed woodland, field paths and find the remnants of the Birtles estate.
The best of both worlds with this walk, enjoy the stunning views from The Edge while avoiding the crowds at this popular tourist spot.
Mottram St Andrew and Hare Hill detour
This walk sets off from the quaint village of Mottram St Andrew, just three miles east of Alderley Edge, there is also an option of a detour to Hare Hill Gardens.
Prestbury and River Bollin
Redesmere and Capesthorne Hall
Start out at Redesmere, a lake just five miles south of Aldlerley Edge, head north and explore the extensive grounds of Capesthorne Hall, an 18th century country house built in the Tudor revival style.
Newsletter Sign Up
- 10 spooky things to do in Cheshire for Halloween
- A look ahead to the Wirral Arts Festival
- Local life - Weaverham Hardware
- Theatre review - Matilda The Musical, Palace Theatre, Manchester
- Win a spa break at a luxury country hotel in the Peak District
- Enjoy your local countryside walks on National GetOutside Day with a free month’s subscription to OS Maps
- Restaurant review - Little Lanka, Stockport
- The Shippon launch party, Eyton, Wrexham
- Restaurant review - Parea, Alderley Edge
- Party Gras in Nantwich raises funds St Luke’s Hospice