Coffee & Walnut Cake recipe
10:37 03 August 2014
335g caster sugar
335g self raising flour
1 half tsp baking powder
110g freshly blitzed walnuts
Butter icing ingredients
300g icing sugar
1. Cream caster sugar and butter until soft
2. Slowly add eggs
3. Sift in Flour with baking powder
4. Stir in espresso & walnuts
5. Spoon into 2 greased and lined 10”cake tins
6. Bake at 180ºC (170 fan) / gas mark 4 for 20 -25 minutes.
The cake is ready if when you press in the centre gently it springs back.
For the icing
Cream together butter, icing sugar and espresso
Ice the middle and top of the cooled cake. Decorate with extra walnuts.