- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: British
- Main Ingredient: Stilton
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 135g Stilton cheese
- 12 tsp Streamline Apricot Jam
- 25g chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Using a pastry cutter, cut bite sized disks (4cm wide) from the pastry and lay them onto a greased baking tray.
Pierce each disk a few times using a fork and brush with a little beaten egg. Top each with a slice of stilton, pressing it down in the middle a little. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
Take out of the oven and add about ¼ tsp of Streamline Apricot Jam to each canapé and a piece of chopped walnut. Return to the oven for 5 minutes until they’re browned. Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve warm or cold.
Newsletter Sign Up
- 10 spooky things to do in Cheshire for Halloween
- A look ahead to the Wirral Arts Festival
- Local life - Weaverham Hardware
- Theatre review - Matilda The Musical, Palace Theatre, Manchester
- Win a spa break at a luxury country hotel in the Peak District
- Enjoy your local countryside walks on National GetOutside Day with a free month’s subscription to OS Maps
- Restaurant review - Little Lanka, Stockport
- The Shippon launch party, Eyton, Wrexham
- Restaurant review - Parea, Alderley Edge
- Party Gras in Nantwich raises funds St Luke’s Hospice