Win a dream trip to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific
PUBLISHED: 00:00 20 September 2017
Cathay Pacific has partnered with Lancashire Life and Cheshire Life and The Langham, Hong Kong, to give away an indulgent three-night trip worth £3,000.
To celebrate Cathay Pacific’s Manchester to Hong Kong service moving to a daily operation this December, the five-star rated airline is offering one reader the chance to win a pair of Premium Economy flights and a three night stay at The Langham, Hong Kong.
The only airline in the North West to provide a non-stop service connecting Manchester and Hong Kong, the winner and their guest will jet off in style with Cathay Pacific. Travelling to Hong Kong on the state-of-the-art Airbus A350-900 in Premium Economy class, they can enjoy priority boarding and a generous 35kg baggage allowance.
Welcoming Premium Economy passengers on-board with a complimentary glass of champagne, Cathay Pacific’s attentive cabin crew serve a choice of delicious meals, snacks, award-winning wines and other beverages throughout the flight. Offering the latest seats with extra leg-room, Wi-Fi access and an enhanced inflight entertainment system, the A350 flight encapsulates the airline’s brand promise of a ‘Life Well Travelled.’
Arriving refreshed into Hong Kong – one of Asia’s most intriguing destinations – the winner will then stay at The Langham, Hong Kong for three nights on a bed and breakfast basis in a refurbished Deluxe Courtyard room.
The Forbes Travel Guide five-star hotel represents the epitome of luxury with its European heritage and recent multi-million dollar transformation. Showcasing a makeover with designer suites and inspiring features, the hotel captivates the senses with signature amenities and defining personalised service to always be in style.
Guests can seek refuge at The Langham Club lounge or indulge in the multitude of dining options such as three Michelin Star T’ang Court serving legendary Cantonese cuisine or relaxing with the Wedgwood afternoon tea.
Additional hotel features include Chuan Body + Soul which is the ultimate wellness sanctuary based on the Chinese philosophy of the five elements – wood, fire, earth, metal and water. This health and fitness hideaway offers a range of pampering massages, award-winning facial treatments and a rooftop swimming pool.
Located in the sought-after address of Tsim Sha Tsui on Kowloon, the hotel is perfectly placed for exploring Hong Kong’s wealth of attractions including a scenic Star Ferry ride across Victoria Harbour, and enjoying curated fashion and beauty experiences.
NEW DAILY FLIGHTS
Moving to a daily flight from 1 December 2017, Cathay Pacific currently offers five weekly flights from Manchester to Hong Kong. The airline serves over 190 destinations via Hong Kong International Airport, including 95 weekly flights to Australia and New Zealand. Offering the fastest flight between Manchester and Sydney, taking just 22:10 hours, the airline also flies to cities throughout mainland China, and South and North Asia. Visit www.cathaypacific.co.uk for more information.
For more details about The Langham, Hong Kong, visit www.langhamhotels.com/hongkong
For your chance to win, simply answer the following question:
When was Cathay Pacific founded?
The winner will be the first correct entry drawn after the closing date of October 31st 2017. The editor’s decision is final.
Enter online or send a postcard with full contact details including your answer, email address and mobile number by October 31st 2017 to: Cathay Pacific Competition, Lancashire Life, The Whitehouse, Wilderspool Business Park, Greenalls Avenue, WA4 6HL.
Terms and conditions: There is one prize available, and the competition is being promoted across Lancashire Life and Cheshire Life. The prize includes two return premium economy flights from Manchester to Hong Kong and a three night stay (B&B basis only) in a deluxe courtyard room at The Langham, Hong Kong. The prize is not transferable and must be redeemed in full by June 30th 2018. For full terms and conditions please visit our website, www.lancashirelife.co.uk
Cathay Pacific – Hong Kong Prize Draw
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to UK residents only who are aged 18 years or over, except employees of Archant (“Promoter”), Cathay Pacific Airways Limited (“Cathay Pacific”) and The Langham (“The Langham, Hong Kong”), their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Entries must be submitted by post by writing to: Cathay Pacific competition, Lancashire Life/Cheshire Life, The Whitehouse, Wilderspool Business Park, Greenalls Avenue, WA4 6HL or via the web address here. Entry is restricted to one per person. Once submitted, entries cannot be amended in any way.
4. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries sent through agencies and third parties will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of despatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt. One winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a sae to The Promoter at Lancashire Life/Cheshire Life, The Whitehouse, Wilderspool Business Park, Greenalls Avenue, WA4 6HL within one month after the closing date of the prize draw.
5. All entries must be received by midnight on Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
6. The winner will be contacted within 14 days of the closing date of the prize draw. Should The Promoter be unable to contact the winner or should the winner be unable to accept the prize, The Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
7. The prize as described is available on the date of publication. Should the prize become unavailable, a substitute of equal value shall be provided.
8. There is one prize available, and the competition is being promoted across Lancashire Life and Cheshire Life. The winning entrant will win a three-night short break for two in Hong Kong. The prize package comprises:
· Two return premium economy class flights from Manchester to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific;
· Three nights hotel accommodation in The Langham, Hong Kong, based on two people sharing a twin or double deluxe courtyard room on a bed and breakfast basis. Breakfast to be served in The Food Gallery restaurant only.
9. The prize must be taken as one package. The winner and their guest must travel together at all times - both flights must be redeemed together, with both passengers travelling together on the same flights.
10. The prize does not include travel between the winner’s home and airport, travel insurance, transfers, food and drink, personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than where mentioned. It is the responsibility of the prize winner and their guest to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip.
11. The prize is subject to availability. The prize is valid for travel before June 30, 2018 and excludes the following blackout [PS(8] dates for The Langham, Hong Kong:
· December 24 2017 – January 1 2018
· February 16 – 20 2018
· March 23 – 25 2018
Other blackout dates may apply.
The winner will be contacted by Cathay Pacific to agree and co-ordinate dates for the prize with The Langham, Hong Kong.
The winner will be sent a hotel voucher ahead of the trip. The winner must present the original voucher to the hotel upon check-in. A photocopy of the voucher will not be accepted. The hotel stay must be redeemed before the end date of the voucher, and no extension will be allowed.
12. Once confirmed, the neither the hotel nor the flights booking can be amended and, pursuant to the EU Regulation 261/2004, Denied Boarding Compensation is not applicable on free of charge or reduced fare tickets. Cathay Pacific’s conditions of carriage apply which can be found at www.cathaypacific.co.uk.
14. All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
15. The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity on behalf of Cathay Pacific, The Langham Hong Kong and The Promoter.
16. Entrants’ data will be used for the purpose of administration of this prize draw and in accordance with the permissions granted or withheld at the point of entry.
17. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of The Promoter and accordingly The Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
18. The Promoter is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the prize draw. Provision of the prize is the responsibility of Cathay Pacific (flights) and The Langham Hong Kong (hotel accommodation).
19. These Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of these Terms or their subject matter is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.